- I attended a teacher's fair and filled out ten different district applications in hopes of finding my dream teaching position.
- I got my first interview (YAY!!)
- I bought cute, yet professional, teacher clothes for teacher's fair and interview mentioned above.
- I started waking up at 5:30 AM every single morning to make time for the gym.
- And last, and most definitely my favorite, I have started taking time to cook dinner. From scratch.
So, this very small list of very mundane accomplishments is the beginning of my decision to be more of a giver. Yes, I will give myself time to go have coffee with a friend I've missed. Yes, I will give myself time to work out and feel good about myself. Yes, I will give myself time to improve my spirituality and my intellect by reading and thinking and praying. I have found that, as an adult, it is SO easy to fill every block of time with an activity, to block out the possibility of having to think about scary things like an unknown future. But you know what? I'm going to give myself time for that, too, because I think the unknown is starting to look less and less scary and more and more exciting.