"Ms. Herring, where is your blog?!"
"Ms. Herring, you haven't updated in forever!"
"Ms. Herring, you LIED. I checked last night, and you did NOT blog."
Well ok, fine, here it is. I'm not making excuses. LOTS of blog-worthy things have happened over the past few weeks. Here's a few.....
- I dressed up as the witches from Wicked/The Wizard of OZ with my mentor teacher to celebrate Halloween/Spirit Week, which involved me wearing a prom dress all day while I taught. Check out Facebook for some pretty excellent photos.
- I found out that 7th grade boys really do make inappropriate comments in the hall about young student teachers and said student teacher's decision to wear skinny jeans with boots to school on Friday. NEVER AGAIN.
- I mentioned that I was cold one day in class, to which 6th period giftgiver responded, "I could give you a hug to warm you up Ms. Herring." (I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried...)
- I set up a private social network for my students, taught them to blog, and graded 142 of the blogs I taught them to write.
- I presented their blogs at a curriculum conference, which was an exhausting and stressful, yet rewarding experience.
- And finally, I realized I only have four weeks left at the middle school.
But four weeks is still four weeks. All the major assignments are almost complete. So I promise to blog as much as humanly possible-- to document the little bit of time I have left to gain some wisdom from the middle. For today, the wisdom is this: Savor every last minute of an experience. Bask in the knowledge that the memories you make are yours forever. I feel like I haven't wasted a single minute of my time here, and I want to continue to glory in all those little moments and snatches of talk, not just at the middle school, but in every aspect of life. It's those tiny pieces of time that I know I'll look back on and love even more with the passage of time. So, expect me to be more punctual in my blogging efforts. I've got lots of last moments to savor.